I love the holiday season. The lights, the parties, the music, the cookies…and, of course, the giving of gifts to those loved. As anyone will tell you, I adore giving gifts and can spend days planning the perfect gift. I consider every year an opportunity to do better—an opportunity to show those close to me even a fraction of how much they mean to me (if you hadn’t guessed, I’m a show-er, not a teller). But—honestly—I also delight in receiving. This is the time (thank goodness it only comes once a year!) that I feel less guilty for wanting completely whimsical, pretty, and often utterly impractical things under a cute little tree. In truth, I have never *really* let go of the
greedy excitable child within…and there’s always a bit of magic in waking up on Christmas morning to find nattily-wrapped presents under a glittering tree. I love you, Santa (I mean…Mike, my incredibly generous fiancé)!
So without further ado—here’s my wishlist of all things pretty that I’d like to find under the tree. Hint to all ‘Santas’ out there: All of these clothing items are GREAT if you have a tall lady in your life…but be sure to send me an email if you need a little extra help in shopping for that leggy elflette in your life. I am happy to help out with more ideas!
1. The Land’s End Tall Luxe Scoopneck Coat: I love coats of all shapes, sizes, and fabrications. But even with a veritable wardrobe of coats for all seasons (hey, it’s New England!), I have NARY a black wool coat! This year, Santa wanted to get me a classic black coat that would stand the test of time—and I picked out the Land’s End Tall Luxe Scoopneck Coat. In a cashmere blend with on-trend, military-inspired epaulets, leather buttons, and a sweet scoopneck, this coat ticks off the boxes for stylish, high-quality, budget friendly (with the current 30% off, it’s now under $100 down from $289!), AND tall-of-all-sizes-friendly (from 4-16T). It also comes in red, yellow, green, and camel colorways. THE best tall, classic winter coat for all elflettes.
2. Madewell’s Belted Silk Dress in Dashdot: Getting dressed up for holiday occasions is a fine art—don’t we all want to look festive yet comfortable (allowing for lots of noshing)? Enter this Madewell dress. Although it is unlined, the silk fabrication and pattern is thoroughly gorgeous, and the tie-waist means a flattering, customized, yet unrestricted fit. While it hits mid-thigh on us tall ladies, it is flatteringly-short and a great companion to black tights and heels. I plan on wearing it year-round, too!
3. Long Tall Sally’s Pindot PJ Set: I’ll be honest—I spend 90% of the time when I am not in work clothes in pajamas. Red plaid flannel pajamas. Completely unsexy, unpolished, and absolutely
slovenly heavenly! I love flannels (am always cold), so I would love to find this pajama set under the tree. Bonus: these PJs are far cuter and more feminine than my red plaid flannels, and would also offer necessary winter limb coverage. In teal and purple.
4. Love Knot Earrings in Rose Gold Vermeil: I wear lots of post earrings, and prefer them for professional occasions. I also prefer rose gold. These classic love knots are slightly oversized, completely chic, and would go with any single outfit I’d wear (including red flannel pajamas)…and I simply cannot get over their price. It’s $24.50! An unreal stocking stuffer from Ross-Simons!
5. J. Crew’s Copley Saddlebag: This little bag (and it is little) packs a lot of punch for its size. With multiple pockets, a removable crossbody strap, and unexpected colorways (wisteria! neon persimmon!), this petite number would be perfect for work, play, a party, a snowball fight, or any other hands-free occasion. (This is why I love crossbody bags…) With an extra 30% off and free shipping, this bag is ALSO under $100, so another bargain Christmas buy!
6. Any Fossil Women’s Rose Gold Watch…: As you know, I like rose gold. But what you may not know is that I am desperately in need of a new watch as my Rotary is banged up beyond belief. Fossil offers the best selection of fashion-forward, mid-range watches in rose gold plate—and I particularly love the chronograph, chunky ‘boyfriend’ styles (it’s all about juxtaposition)…
7. Tamarac’s Molly Slipper: Who doesn’t love/need a warm cozy slipper? With this suede, fur-lined cutie, your toesies will stay warm all through the winter. And with sizes up to 13 M, these babies are great for those of us outsized by typical ‘S-L’ slipper sizing.
Merry wishlisting to all you t(all) lovelies! Leave a comment and let me know what you’re coveting this holiday season!